Answer the following eight questions:
1. Explain how your commitment to higher standards is applied in your business practice.
2. Briefly explain any programs or training(s) that have helped you and/or your employees’ foster ethical practices and/or customer service policies.
3. Submit complimentary feedback from customers, vendors and/or suppliers; or provide an example of an action taken by the business demonstrating service beyond the call of duty.
4. List policies or procedures that are designed to give long-term value to customers and/or vendors.
5. Provide examples of marketing, advertising, communications and/or sales practices which reflect an honest representation of what is being offered to customers/clients.
6. Include examples of internal practices that benefit employees and contribute to the overall business efficiency/effectiveness.
7. Provide complimentary letters from trade groups or from within your business industry.
8. Mention of any awards or recognitions by media or community groups.
**Legal Actions: If your company has been involved in major lawsuits, class actions or government action in the past three years, please provide a summary of the nature of the legal/government action. Recent independent auditor reports may be submitted in place of a summary. For large-size or publicly-traded companies, copies of the two most recent Annual Reports will suffice.
Entries for the BBB Ethics Awards will be reviewed by a panel of judges independent of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) staff and Board of Directors.
The judges may request additional information from the company or business regarding any of the judging criteria. BBB Accreditation is not a requirement, but the company may not have lower than a B rating with any BBB. If your company has been the subject of major lawsuits, including class action suits, or government actions in the past three years, this information must be disclosed as part of your entry. Decisions of the judges are final.
Entries may be sent to BBB serving central CA, Attn: Manuel Garcia, 4201 W. Shaw Ave. Suite 107, Fresno, CA 93722 or Attn: Manuel Garcia, 1601 H Street Suite 101, Bakersfield, CA 93301.
Please retain a copy of your complete entry. All submitted entries become the property of the BBB and cannot be returned.